To take the "Managing time self evaluation" Questionnaire click here
To help you with your on-going battle of controlling time instead of letting time control you and to avoid being at the mercy of people, circumstances and things around you, here's a few bottom line time management tips:
- Start off by analysing your current use of time, use a time log for a few days kept next to you where you record everything that happens throughout the day to try and find out your common time wasters and bad time wasting habits to try to avoid them.
- Use a daily to do list that you take with you wherever you go. Your daily to do list must be done daily and must be prioritiezed according to importance so it can really help you.
- Know yourself, find out your high energy and low energy times throuhout the day so you can take that into consideration while planning your day and make your to do list.
- Handle each email and piece of paper only once.
- Learn to say "NO" to requests from others that you cannot do, try to be assertive while doing it and do not do it aggressively so you won't damage your relations with others.
- Find a secret quiet place free from distrations and interruptions when you try to accomplish important tasks
- Always make a realistic schedule or plan for your day and stick to it.
- Prioritize your "to do list" so it can really help you. some tasks are important and some are not. We have the tendency to rush and go for the unimportant ones because they are usually, easier, faster or more fun. You have to invest some time identifying and differentiating and prioritize your tasks according to importance and start with the more important ones because those are the ones that bring you the most value from your time.